Monday, April 4, 2011

Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde poem

For this semester, I've been taking this course Advanced Study in Literature and the topic is "remixes." We read classics in literature then read some of the re-makes. I read Jane Eyre for the first time and loved it, then we read Jane Slayre. It was cool because we did a video chat with the author and got to ask her about her motivations for a Jane Eyre remix, etc. Anyway, we just finished with Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and as part of a class activity, we were to find certain words or passages within the text and create a "found poem." Here is mine:

Story of the door: cold, scanty, embarrassed;
sometimes wondering
(Ivy)
(Blood)
what these two could see in each other.
Time ran on,
he had his death warrant written
legibly upon his face;
I made sure my colleague was insane:
If he be Mr. Hyde...I shall be Mr. Seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment