Friday, April 2, 2010

Rightnow Write Poetry On Regular White Paper

I miss the regular white paper
of days in the sunlight;
golden reflections on the page
like lacy trim hidden in the closet.
My fingers would skate along
the unforgotten tree's peel:
regular white paper.
I miss its smell of old libraries
and cotton.
I miss the feel of controlled sand
and smooth paper body.
Regular white paper
is the runaway wasted plaything
of freckled imagination.
Read what's possible.
Rest wishes plainly,
and rightnow write poetry
on regular white paper.

13 comments:

  1. Black on plain white - so much easier on the eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that'sa fine way to wake up in the morning. favourite image - old libraries and cotton. lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liked this! Deliciously decadent, tantalizingly virginal, almost sinful -- regular white paper...
    ...rob
    Image & Verse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoughtful and engaging -- I like it...
    ...rob
    Image & Verse

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the "read what's possible" line!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your use of repetition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss regular white paper, too. I completely empathize with every line of those poem. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Richelle,
    This is beautifully done! Excellent work!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed this thoroughly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost did regular white paper, but I'm glad I didn't. You did such a fine job with the phrase.

    I loved this line:

    the runaway wasted plaything
    of freckled imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm smitten by "unforgotten tree's peel"-- lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was the acronym I chose, too. Love your take on it:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I concur with James. It paints a vivid picture.

    ReplyDelete